Thursday, October 31, 2013

Barbecue Fundraiser for Congressman Paul Gosar

I recently went to a barbecue fundraiser for Congressman Gosar out in Chino Valley.  I was invited by the hostess, Sue Goodchild, whom I met at the Congressional field hearing on abuses by the IRS and EPA.  The main reason that I wanted to go was because I have never been to a fundraiser for a Congressman, and I did not know what to expect.  I was imagining those $1000 plate dinners.  Instead, it was a nice, old-fashioned backyard barbecue type of thing with a mix of casual and business suits.




I danced with my sisters while a live band played old Johnny Cash songs.  They had a potluck and crafts for kids.



I led the pledge of allegiance and the prayer.



I was among the speakers there, including candidate for AZ State Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas and several State Congress Representatives.  I spoke about why I am a conservative.




I met several state Congress Representatives and several candidates for various state positions.

Unfortunately, Congressman Gosar was unable to come, as he was working in D.C. and his flight was bumped but I met his wife Maude Gosar .  We stayed for a couple hours mingling.  Shortly before we left, my sister and I retired the colors (U.S. flag).  I am happy that I was able to meet new people and talk with them about the state of our country.

1 comment:

  1. Such a well spoken young man. Perhaps there is hope for us as civilized peoples.

    ReplyDelete